We are seeking applicants for a full-time, nine month, tenure-track Assistant Professor position at the Flagstaff mountain campus. The teaching load will be 3/2 courses a year, with an expectation to participate in learner-centered pedagogy and teaching that both supports the core curriculum of the department and integrates the unique research interests of the individual. An active research agenda is expected, and while the department is seeking someone with expertise in the areas of transnational crime and global justice, indigenous justice and/or expertise in community-based research, the specific research focus is somewhat open. All applications and specializations will be considered that provide both depth and breadth to existing department areas. Those with expertise and active research agendas in transnational crime and global justice, indigenous justice, and community-based research are encouraged to apply. Active participation in service to the department, college, university, and to the discipline is also expected.
The department prefers candidates whose application portfolios include the following:
- Evidence of an active research agenda preferably with a track record of publications and demonstrated ability to develop successful grant applications.
- Evidence of a commitment to social justice in both teaching and research.
- Evidence or willingness to contribute teaching courses in the department’s core curriculum.
- Ability to add content to our graduate program via courses that involve the individual’s research interest and match curricular needs.
- Evidence of effective classroom teaching, innovative approaches to instruction and curriculum design, and effective support for student success.
- Evidence of community engagement research in underrepresented communities.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively in a diverse university community.
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply” button at the end of the job description if viewing this position through the NAU HR website. Otherwise, to view the original post and to apply, proceed to nau.jobs, follow the ‘Faculty and Administrator Openings’ links, locate vacancy 603918, and then “Apply” at the bottom of the page.
Application must include an attachment that contains: (1) a cover letter highlighting your particular qualifications for this position; (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) unoffical transcripts of all college-level work and graduate degrees; (4) a teaching portfolio, should include the following: statement of teaching philosophy, sample syllabi and course/student evaluations; and (5) names and contact information for three references. Save all items, in the order stated, as a single PDF or Word document.
If you have problems submitting application attachments in the form of a Word or PDF document please contact the department for assistance.
If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available online at http://hr.nau.edu or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus – on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD – 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.